I’ve got some perl webapps that tend to have ‘wrong’ directory setup when I checkout the code from github. We use puppet to take care of these things for us (I will always forget these settings on at least 1 node for every upgrade) .
I noticed puppet may complain about :
[...]ensure: change from directory to link failed: Could not remove existing file
You solve this easily with the:
force => true
directive in your puppet config .
The puppet documentation is extensive, though I find it a bit cumbersome everytime I need a fast lookup for some minor detail.
Thanks to groups.google.com I found this solution quick !
(But puppet already tried to tell me that with : “: Not removing directory; use ‘force’ to override”, but I’m slow :p)